To have flawless skin, you have to nail down the basics first
A lot of men still get the basics of skincare confused, from how much to use and what to use first. These things should not be overlooked, because if you get it wrong, the expensive product you’ve invested in might not work the way it should. Let’s go through the basics together to make sure your skin gets the care it deserves.
To get the steps correct, the easiest way is to go from the lightest texture to the heaviest so the ingredients can work their magic properly.
1. Cleanse: Before putting on skincare, you must cleanse your face first, and it’s important to choose the right cleanser for your skin type and make sure it does not dry out the skin. If you have oily skin or acne, choose gel cleanser and look for “non-comedogenic” on the label to make sure it does not clog the skin. The temperature of the water is also important — the best temperature is room temperature.
2. Essence Lotion: After cleansing the skin, moisturise it to restore moisture with essence lotion. This is a secret to healthy skin, because it is packed with moisture and nutrients that the skin needs. The essence lotion replenishes moisture and gives the skin necessary nutrients after the pores have been opened by cleansing. This means the skin is ready to absorb all the goodness in following steps.
3. Serum: Use serum or essence to brighten the skin and reduce lines. In the morning, choose a serum that contains antioxidants to prep the skin for UV rays and pollution. At night, use a hydrating serum to add brightness and reduce lines.
Your sunscreen is always the last step before you leave your house in the morning. You can skip other steps,
but not this one. In addition to protecting your skin from sunlight, it also slows down signs of ageing
4. Eye Cream: While waiting for the serum to absorb into the skin, put on eye cream to prevent lines and reduce puffiness, as well as dark circles caused by lack of sleep. You only need a pea-size dollop and apply it with your ring fingers. Touch the eye cream on five spots under each eye from the inner corner out, and put the remainder on the lids. Be as gentle as possible because the skin around the eyes is very delicate.
5. Moisturiser: Moisturiser’s job is to moisturise the skin by coating the skin in order to prevent moisture loss while also adding moisture to make the skin healthy. It also helps seal in the essence lotion and serum you’ve just applied to ensure they do their jobs properly. Do not use day moisturiser at night and vice versa. Day moisturiser usually contains sunscreen, which can clog the skin if you leave it on for too long. Night moisturiser may contain ingredients that should not be exposed to sunlight, such as retinol, which can lose its effectiveness when in sunlight.
6. Sunscreen: Your sunscreen is always the last step before you leave your house in the morning. You can skip other steps, but not this one. In addition to protecting your skin from sunlight, it also slows down signs of ageing, as it helps antioxidants to work properly. Even if you use the most expensive skincare products and follow the steps mentioned, if you don’t wear sunscreen, the products won’t help much.
AquaPower Fermented Clear Essence
(100ml 1,360 Baht) SHOP NOW
A new hydrating clear essence dedicated to men with dull and tired skin to restore skin vitality.
Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum
(3 x 15ml 2,500 Baht) SHOP NOW
This skin nutrition serum sets inspired by cold-pressed juice contain coconut oil, vitamins C and E.
Ultimate Miracle Worker Fix Eye Power-Treatment Fill & Firm
(15ml 1,680 Baht)
A super-tasking eye treatment for the delicate skin around the eye, featuring actives including patented bi-retinoid, soy peptide extracts and hyaluronic acid.
*Prices are subject to change without prior notice.