King Power Group in partnership with Tourism Authority of Thailand, Ministry of Tourism and Sports and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration successfully held Songkran Rangnam Nakara – The Joy of Songkran to preserve the beautiful Thai tradition and to herald in the Thai New Year from 11-16 April from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. at King Power Rangnam.
Taking a twist from last year’s celebration, King Power Group’s Songkran Rangnam Nakara – The Joy of Songkran took us back to the 50’s, a vibrant era of fun fashion and unique music.
Songkran Rangnam Nakara – The Joy of Songkran set up 2 zones with various activities
1 TEMPLE ZONE
– Bathing the statue of Buddha from early Rattanakosin Era which dated back over 200 years ago from Apai Thayaram Temple.
– Pouring the water on the hands of the elderly for auspices.
– Building sand stupas
– Amusement rides, funfair games and attractions; a Ferris wheel, haunted house, tank girls, snake’s wife, darts, target shooting, ring toss and more
– Golden oldie karaoke at Kasem Bar
2 OLD TOWN ZONE
– Spectacles and performances on stage ranging from swing dance, new year dance, soontraporn dance to pop singers, actors and actresses taking turn to entertain you throughout the 6-day period
– Amazing workshops on various topics including basketry, luk chup, garland and more
– Mouth-watering dishes from celebrated eateries; especially Kij Tokyo which garnered a lot of interests from visitors. With Nong Kij – Danit Sae-Ai, media darling as the magnet, a long queue was constantly formed at the stall as everyone wanted to take a glimpse at the 14-year-old good natured boy who rose to fame due to his grateful devotion to his family. At the event King Power Group also presented a pushcart to the boy.
Throughout the event, 6 A-list actresses; Bella – Ranee Campen, Pancake – Khemanit Jamikorn, Aum – Patcharapa Chaichua, Baifern – Pimchanok Luevisadpaibul, Koy – Rachwin Wongviriya, and Bow – Maylada Susri, graced the Songkran Parade donning exquisite traditional Thai costume. These pretty ladies took on the role of this year’s Songkran Goddess, Toong Sa Devi cuddling pomegranate flower and ruby glass jewellery. Holding the rowel on the right hand and the horn on the left, Toong Sa Devi rides on a garuda.
Joey Boy, Got-Jakraphun Kornburiteerachot, Aof- Pongsak Rattanaphong, Gam-Wichayanee Piaklin, Apaporn Nakornsawan and BNK48 also popped in at the event while Soontraporn Band was the mainstay to keep the 50’s mood going smooth at Songkran Rangnam Nakara – The Joy of Songkran.