TIPS FOR HEALTHY SKIN
Grooming Tips: Easy skin-loving tips that every man should follow right away. Let’s see what they are.
1. Choose the right skincare for your skin condition and concerns. For example, if you have oily skin, choose an oil free product, or if you have acne, pick something non-comedogenic so it doesn’t clog the pores. If your skin is sensitive, look for the words “for sensitive skin” or “hypoallergenic” which mean the product is gentle and is not likely to cause irritation.
2. Choose wisely and get to know ingredients in skincare products so you can choose the right ones for you. The ingredients that you should know include hyaluronic acid which promotes moisturisation and is great for every skin type, and if you have oily or acne-prone skin, beta hydroxy acid (BHA) and salicylic acid can help stimulate skin cell production, unclog pores, and reduce excess oil. If you have lines and wrinkles, look for retinol and peptides, but if you want to brighten your skin, look for alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) from fruits to help promote skin radiance, elasticity and plumpness. Licorice extract is a great skin whitening ingredient.
3. Pick a cleanser that is not too harsh on your skin. This is very important — every man should know that a facial cleanser that leaves your skin feeling dry is not a good one, because it causes the skin to lose its natural balance and barrier. This could lead to so many other skin problems, such as dry skin, lines, and damaged skin.
Apply moisturiser every night before you go to bed. Most men do not like the greasy feeling on their face, so it’s understandable if they want to skip their moisturiser in the morning. But at night, it is a must
If you wash your face with a harsh cleanser to remove excess oil, the skin produces even more oil. When the skin loses moisture, it makes up for it by secreting more oil to protect it. If you want healthy skin, pick a gel cleanser because it does not contain too much foaming agent. After cleansing your skin with a good cleanser, the skin should feel a little slippery — because of the moisture, not because you have not rinsed it properly.
4. Apply moisturiser every night before you go to bed. Most men do not like the greasy feeling on their face, so it’s understandable if they want to skip their moisturiser in the morning. But at night, it is a must, because even if you have oily skin, your skin is exposed to warm water and air-conditioning, so it needs extra moisture. Make sure you choose an oil-free moisturiser. Remember that skin moisture is a very important part of youthful skin. If you don’t want premature lines and wrinkles, always put on some moisturiser at night.
5. Last but not least, always wear sunscreen before you leave your home every morning. Even if you’re staying in, you still need your sunscreen. UVA causes premature ageing, and it can pierce through your windows to damage your skin. Sunscreen is the best anti-ageing product for your skin, because 90% of skin problems are caused by UVA. Sunscreen is not just for golfing, swimming and going to the beach — it’s for every day.
*Prices are subject to change without prior notice.