SANSHAI JIRAT SUBPISANKUL
STORY : PILAN SRIVEERAKUL
MODEL : MILANA (@ WM MANAGEMENT)
Cool ideas to enjoy fun colours by revamping key looks from past eras,
giving them a modern, stylish touch.
The millennium was an era of freedom and being outside the box. Focus on what you wear, and keep your make-up natural. Your eyeshadow and lip colour should be in nude hues, but you can add a surprise element by using turquoise eyeliner at the inner corners for a cool and rebellious look.
Pro’s Tips: If you have healthy skin, use only make-up base and tinted moisturiser. If you want to conceal imperfections, use concealer only where needed.
- Giorgio Armani My Armani To Go Essence In Foundation Tone-Up Cushion (2,255 Baht / Available in 5 Shades)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Sparkle Stick สี Prosecco
- Urban Decay Tonic Eyeshadow (725 Baht)
Make-up in the 1990s was all about minimalism and natural looks, but you can still style it up with bolder brows and bright lips in hot pink to add a pop of colour.
Pro’s Tips: Keep the skin light and natural. Try wearing eye make-up in the same colour as your lips, such as pink shimmer eyeshadow with bright pink lip colors for a stylish look.
- Giorgio Armani Rouge D’Armani Matte Lipstick No. 506 (1,190 Baht / Available in 11 Shades)
- Yves Saint Laurent Couture Palette #14 Rosy Contouring (2,465 Baht)
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Lunar New Year 2019 Loose Powder No. 1 (2,290 Baht)
It’s the era of punk rock. Bring back the look and go all the way with funky hair colour, fierce eyeliner and dark lipliner. Your outfit should be simple, such as tee and jeans.
Pro’s Tips: Since the look focuses on eye make-up, reverse your make-up routine. Start with eye make-up and wipe out any smudge before applying skin make-up.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Glow
- Givenchy Lips Couture Palette (2,370 Baht)
- Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen (835 Baht)
In the 1970s, brightly coloured eyes and fake lashes were major trends. To spice it up, use neon eyeshadow on your eyelids and use pencil liner to define the eyes rather than using fake lashes. This gives you a fun and quirky look.
Pro’s Tips: Since the eyes are the focus, keep the cheeks light and apply only lip gloss or lip balm.
- M.A.C Eyeshadow สี New Crop
- Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner (980 Baht)
- Guerlain Two-Tone Blush สี 02 Neutral Pink (1,790 Baht)
It’s all about graphic liners and twiggy haircut. To make this look more relevant, keep your hair short and wear oversized sunglasses to skip eye make-up. The lips should be in orange colour, which was a popular trend back in the 1960s.
Pro’s Tips: With your hair being short, add some lowlights to add volume and depth. Tousle your hair and style it with wax for a not-too-retro look.
- Shu Uemura Lightbulb Cushion Foundation SPF 40 PA+++ (1,785 Baht / Available in 5 Shades)
- Guerlain Météorites Compact Light-Revealing Powder
(2,200 Baht / Available in 3 Shades)
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture The Slim Matte Lipstick (1,275 Baht / Available in 12 Shades)
*Prices are subject to change without prior notice.